Talk, Browse, and Charge
BrightBox includes a special USB cable that quickly charges the 10 most popular phone brands. Never run out of power on your smartphone, mi-fi router, or tablet again.
Unleash Your Radio
BrightBox includes a special USB cable that powers most of the commonly available FM radios in East Africa. Enjoy music, news, and sports… and never buy dry cell batteries again!
Ultra Bright Lighting
BrightBox includes two light bulbs that have been independently tested to be brighter than anything on the market. Need more? Power up to four bulbs with the extra BrightBulb + cable package.
Easy + Anywhere
Easy setup allows you to energize your home, small business, school, or clinic right away. Charge your BrightBox fully (the indicator light will turn green) and enjoy over 40 hours of light.
We are pleased to announce our partnership with Coca Cola, which will empower thousands of small business owners across Kenya.
Please click here to visit our Facebook page for all of the latest press and see the television news coverage on the right.
In the News
- "My wife and I have three teenagers and we all have phones. Before we had just the basic phones, but now we each have smartphones to use the internet. The batteries would die very fast and each of us would spend 100 Shillings a week ($1.20) just on charging. I think BrightBox has saved my family at least 2,000 Shillings a month ($24) just on our phone charging, and we can use our phones as much as we want."
- "We have been selling BrightBox for a few months and people really love it, especially when they see the lights turn on. Many people in the villages say it is like stima (electricity) that their families have in the city. They are saving money and happy that their lives have improved. Our shop also uses a BrightBox to stay open late and we make good money selling each one."
- "BrightBox has helped us in so many ways! We used to spend 800 Shillings ($9.50) a month for two paraffin lanterns. The fumes smelled and always made us feel sick. Sometimes our eyes would burn. Now my husband and I sit in any room of the house and just press the switch for very bright light. We cook, eat, and have more time at home, and don't have to visit the store to charge our phones or buy paraffin."
- "With BrightBox, I have been able to save 1000 KES ($12 USD) per month on candles and kerosene. My shop now stays open after-dark and many more customers visit me since it is the only shop in town with lighting. Each month I now make much more money and am finally able to pay my children's school fees."
BrightBox 2 passes Lighting Global Quality Standards and meets Lighting Africa Recommended Performance Targets.
BrightBox also provides more light per charge than any other tested product (5900 lumens)! Third-party test results are available by clicking the button on the right.
Enjoy peace of mind with a one-year worry-free warranty, along with free SMS and phone support.
Stories from the Field
One Degree Details
The BrightBox package includes everything you need, with 10-minute setup and no extra tools or parts required. The all-in-one retail package includes:
- central battery station with 2 USB ports, 4 light ports, and aluminum handle
- waterproof solar panel with metal frame and 10m cable
- 10-in-1 USB cable for charging multiple phones and tablets
- two ultra-bright light bulbs, with independent switches and cables
- one year warranty, user manual, and free support via SMS, phone, and email
Our team believes that solar energy can be a gateway to productivity, mobile connectivity, and community development. By creating high-quality, easy-to-use products, our “out-of-the-box” technology changes lives worldwide. At One Degree, we believe that with reliable energy and communications, there are no longer six degrees of separation. Get connected today.
One Degree is a manufacturer and wholesaler of renewable energy systems. We have operations in Asia and East Africa, where tens of thousands of people are now enjoying brighter, more productive lives. By using SMS and a suite of mobile apps, we also provide industry-leading customer service, after-sales support, and impact measurement.
Our primary sales and operations are in Kenya. We are rapidly expanding elsewhere in East Africa while developing partnerships with distribution partners in West Africa, South East Asia, and South America.